We’re already 1/4 of the way through February (whaaaaat?) so I thought I should finally get around to posting my goals for the month.
- Journal daily – A few months ago I bought myself a gorgeous journal that has been decorating my bedside table ever since, so I’ve made a commitment to actually using it every day this month. Not only is it an awesome tool for venting frustrations and figuring out the hows and why’s, more importantly it will help me see patterns of behaviour around eating, emotions and hormones.
- Meditate more – Again, a few months ago, I started meditating daily and it was amazing. My sleep was better (because I usually did it right before bed) and it helped immensely with my stress levels too. But somehow during the chaos of life meditating got thrown in the too hard basket. This month I’ve pulled it back out and while I haven’t done it every day, most days so far I’ve found at least 10 minutes just to sit and centre myself and it feels amazing.
- Continue current exercise regime – I’m happy with where I’m at exercise wise so I’m just going to keep on keeping on. The past couple of months have included extra monthly exercise challenges which have been fun but I’m going to give them a miss for Feb and just stay the course.
- Track food – this is not a decision I made lightly. Last month I decided to ditch the regimented tracking because it had become just another obsessive behaviour. I would enter everything in at the beginning of every day carefully planning out my macros and food down to the last calorie and panicking at the thought of not meeting those goals. Then when I didn’t it would trigger a ‘failure’ which more than likely included binge eating my way though the pantry and all the feeling of failure and guilt that come with that. But I learned last month that while I don’t want to obsess over it, I still need it to some degree so I’m bringing back.
- Keto every day – as at the 1st of Feb I’ve embarked on a 100 days of Keto Challenge. Keto my way that is. I’m not adhering to anyone elses set of rules about what I can and cannot have. With all of the carb binging over the past few months I’ve probably screwed up my fat adaption and I think this will be a good way to fix it. I’m not saying, no alcohol, or no sweeteners or no processed foods because I know that kind of restriction will lead to binges. I’m just committing to keeping it keto. To me right now, that is sticking to 30g or less net carbs per day with a weekly carb up of up to 50g net carbs if I feel the need.
- Be kind to myself – we could all use a little bit of extra self love. I’m finding the journaling and meditating are really helping with my sense of self acceptance and forgiveness and it feels so incredibly freeing.
So there you have it. One week down, three to go and I’m in the best frame of mind I’ve been in in a long time. It’s a constant battle trying to figure out the right balance of freedom vs restriction , surrender vs control but I”m determined to get there no matter how long it takes.