Last week my 10 year old was begging me to make him a strawberry cheesecake and of course I wasn’t going to do that unless I could make one that I could eat too, so this simple but delicious low carb strawberry cheesecake recipe was born.
The chocolatey base is quite rich so you could probably halve the amount of cocoa powder in there or omit it all together if you’d prefer. I baked the base to make it more biscuit like so it would appeal more to my son but it would be perfectly fine left unbaked too. It’s up to you.
- 100 g almond meal
- 100 g desicated coconut
- 1/4 cup sweetener (I used Natvia Baking)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 125g salted butter melted
- 250g softened cream cheese
- 150g strawberries, pureed
- 1/2 cup sweetener ( I used Swerve Confectioners)
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons gelatine
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a slice tray with baking paper
- Combine almond meal, coconut, sweetener, cocoa powder and melted butter in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Press into slice tray and bake for 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, cream, sweetener and strawberries and beats with an electric mixture until smooth.
- Dissolve the gelatine in approx 3 tablespoons of boiling water
- Mix the gelatine into the cheesecake mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the cooled base and refrigerate until set.