Not the disgusting canned variety but my delicious homemade pseudo ‘Baked’ Beans.
Here’s the recipe if you’re interested. Trust me, you will never buy another can of baked beans again.
No Bake Beans
Serves 6 (1 250ml cup each) – According the the My Fitness Pal app each serve is worth just under 1000j’s. Not too shabby at all.
- 3 cans of butter beans, drained (the cans are 400g each but after draining the whole 3 cans equates to 700g of beans)
- 1 chorizo sausage (126g) diced
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 cup of homemade BBQ sauce ( I used this one)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion on a high heat until translucent
- Add the chorizo and cook for approx. 1 minute
- Store through the beans and cook for another minute or so
- Turn the heat down to medium add the tomatoes and BBQ sauce and stir through
- Cook for approx. 10 minutes stirring intermittently to make sure it doesn’t stick
- Turn the heat down to low, add the herbs and cook for another couple of minutes
- Season to serve 🙂
In other news, I made the choice to exercise again this morning even though I didn’t want to so you know, kudos to me!