Back in my pre-keto days I had a not so brief love affair with the Pioneer Woman’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie and I’ve been dreaming creating a low carb version for a while now.
Well this morning I did it! I have no idea what took me so long really. But today was the day and this delicious pie was the result. It makes 12 generous serves and is every bit as rich and decadent as the original. Thanks Ree for the inspiration.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Energy 1225kj | Fat 24g | Protein 12g | Net Carbs 7g
3/4 cup Almond Meal
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/4 cup powdered sweetener (I used Swerve Confectioners)
125g melted butter
250g cream cheese (softened)
1 cup thickened cream
1 cup powdered peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (moderate oven)
2. Add all dry ingredients for the base to a mixing bowl.
3. Stir in the melted butter until well combined.
4. With wet fingers, press the mixture into the base of a flan tin or spring form pan until it is spread in an even layer.
5. Bake for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
7. Add all filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer (start slow then build up speed to medium) until well combined and there are no lumps.
8. Spread filling onto base and chill to set.